Tuesday, November 9, 2010

While waiting for an episode of "House" to download...

...I figured I'd treat myself to a little online journal entry, an entry that just so happens to be available to the faceless world through the internet.  As those of you who may deign to read these words are well enough aware, I am a novice, a tyro, a beginner beginning to try my hand at keeping your interest with witticisms and observations of my daily existence.  On the flipside (yo), what's in it for me?  Incomparable adulation and unsurpassed praise, of course, but there must be a smidgen of catharsis pour l'auteur, mais non?  I mean, where else am I going to be able to pretentiously expound upon all things "me," expecting all the while to delight, amuse, even inspire <gasp!> "you," and throw in random phrases in French? 

That question was rhetorical.  At least that's what I understand of rhetoric thanks to English 12.

So, you are all now privy to a newly formed partnership.  It is a brand spankin' new marriage between the narcissistic (I actually think I'm relevant enough to inflict myself upon humanity... and don't bother thinking "Gee, Jonathan, your mother already did that by birthing you"), the altruistic (I actually hope I can bring a bit of mirth or insight or levity to your day), and the therapeutic (who doesn't need to get things off their chest?).  Call it "Theranaralpeutruisticisstic Writing."

It'll be the rage one day.  Just wait and see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment